Get In Touch




Demat (Dematerialisation) of Shares

Kindly note that equity shares of ansal housing & construction ltd. Are under compulsory demat category and hence the shareholders holding shares in physical form must get their shares dematerialized at the earliest.
Q. Can you please tell me what is Dematerialization of shares and what are its benefits?

A. Dematerialization is the process through which the shares are held and traded in electronic form instead of physical form thus eliminating many disadvantages of shares in physical form.

Following are some of the advantages of demat holding of shares:

  • Easy and speedy execution of sale, purchase, etc.
  • Speedy allotment / credit in case of Bonus / Right Issues etc.
  • No chances of share/securities certificates being lost, stolen or mutilated and no risk of holding forged certificates.
  • Minimal paper work compared to physical shares
  • No stamp duty for transfer
  • No risk of bad delivery
Q. How can I demat/remat my shares in physical form?

A. Approach a Depository Participant (DP) as per your choice and open a Demat account for which you will be allotted a Client ID. You should, then, surrender the share certificates to your DP by filling the Dematerialization Request Form (DRF) after which the DP generates a number known as Demat Request Number (DRN). Thereafter DP will send the certificate along with the DRF to the concerned Company/ its Registrar. The Company/Registrar after verification, confirms the DRN and upon confirmation, the number of securities dematerialized are credited in electronic form to your demat account. You may reverse this process if you so desire and get your shares reconverted into paper form. This process is known as re-materialization.

Q. How can I deal (trade) with shares held in demat form?

A. Sale/purchase of shares in demat form can be effected in easy and speedy way. Sale/purchase through the Stock Exchanges has to be carried through a registered broker. After the sale is confirmed by the broker, you (seller) are required to give debit instruction to his DP for debiting the number of shares sold, by filling in the Delivery Instruction (DIB). In case of purchase of securities, after the payout your (purchaser), broker will ask his DP to debit his account and credit your (purchaser) account with the number of shares purchased.

Q. What are the expenses involved ?

A. The expenses are different for Annual Account maintenance, Demat/Remat of shares, transaction charges for Sale/Purchase etc. These charges differ from one DP to another. You may pay these charges either directly upon raising of bill by DP or through ECS system. Authorizing your DP to debit your designated bank account.

Q. How do I get my benefits from the Company for the demat shares held by me and what are my rights?

A. The Registrar/ Company, as on a record date/book closure, every year, downloads data of beneficiaries holding shares of the Company in demat form. On the basis of this data the Company will send to you the notice of the Annual General meeting, Annual Report and make available to you corporate benefits like dividend/right/bonus etc. Please note that the rights of the shareholders holding shares in demat form are same as that of the shares held in physical form.

Q. Whom should I contact for queries relating to my demat account?

A. Your demat account is maintained by the DP and therefore any communication/ intimation/queries relating to change of address, change in bank account details, registration of nominees, demat account etc may please be addressed to your DP. Please note that the Company / Registrar has no access to your depository account and hence any request with regard to any of the above subjects cannot be considered.

Transfer of Shares

Q. I have purchased Ansal Housing & Construction Ltd. (AHCL) Equity Shares in physical form. How do I get these shares transferred in my name?

A. Please properly execute and complete the share transfer deed/s, affix the proper stamp duty, send the transfer deed/s along with the share certificate(s) to the Share Transfer Agent, M/s Intime Spectrum Registry Ltd or to the Company Secretary at the Registered Office of the Company.

Q. What is the stamp duty payable on transfer of shares which I have purchased?

A. Presently, the stamp duty payable is 25 paise for every hundred rupees or part thereof of the market value of shares as on the date of execution of the share transfer deed.

Q. What do I do if I have purchased the shares long back but I forgot to send the documents to the Company for getting them registered in my favour?

A. Please approach the Registrar of Companies, Delhi and Haryana and get the share transfer deed revalidated after filing Form 7 C. After revalidation lodge the share certificate and the transfer deed for registration of transfer, promptly.

Q. I hold shares in two or more folios. Can I consolidate the folios?

A. It is very desirable to get the folios consolidated by the Company. But please note that in case of joint holdings, the names and their order should be identical in all the folios. A letter under the signature of all the holders will be sufficient and no share transfer deed is required to be executed.

Q. I hold shares jointly. Can I change the order of names ?

A. It is possible to do that just through a letter under the signature of all the holders and no share transfer deed is required to be executed. Please keep in view that your signatures should tally with our record.

Q. I wish to add another joint-holder to my shareholding. What do I do?

A. In this case there has to be transfer of shares. You will have to sign a share transfer deed as transferor and again as transferee along with the person/s who will the joint holder/s. The transfer deed, duly completed, with the share certificate/s will have to be lodged with the Registrar or the Company as in the case of transfer.

Q. What can I do if the transfer deed for the shares purchased by me is lost and the seller refuses to sign another transfer deed?

A. Please write to the Company giving proof of your purchase (broker's note) and we will advise you the procedure.

Q. What can I do if I have purchased the Shares but the Company has raised objection and not registered the shares in my name?

A. Please see the objection letter of the Company carefully and remove the problem immediately. In case of difficulty please contact the Registrar or the Company.

Q. How can I transfer my AHCL shares in demat form?

A. Issue the delivery instruction in off market trade column of the delivery instruction form by filing in the Client ID & DP ID of the purchaser of AHCL shares and deposit the same with your DP who will transfer your AHCL shares into his (purchasers) DP Account.

Transmission of Shares/ Deletion of Name from Share Certificates

Q. I hold shares jointly. What will happen in the event of death of the joint shareholder?

A. This is Deletion of names. Please write to the Registrar or the Company along with a certified copy of the Death Certificate and the share certificates. The Registrar/Company shall delete the name of the deceased shareholder and return the share certificate(s) duly endorsed in favour of the remaining shareholder(s).

Q. If a shareholder dies who was holding shares in his sole name and there is no "will", how can his legal heir/s get the shares transmitted in his/their name/s? If there is "will" or other succession document, what should be done?

A. In the first case, this is Transmission of Shares without succession document, and the legal heir has to prove his status as such and right to the shares through legal succession. In the second case the Transmission will be based on the succession document like "will" etc. Please write to the Registrar or the Company along with the death certificate and also the "will"/other succession document, where it exists, to enable us to advise you suitably.


Q. How do I make a nomination in respect of my shareholding?

A. You have to submit to us a legally prescribed nomination form in duplicate, duly filled and signed. If the shares are held in joint names all the holders must sign the nomination form. Please write to us to enable us to send the form. The share certificates need not be sent.

Q. Can I change a nomination?

A. Yes. Please furnish to us a fresh nomination which will cancel the earlier nomination. Please note that if joint holders make the nomination, and one of the joint holders dies, the remaining joint holder/s can make a fresh nomination.

Q. On the death of the shareholder, how can the nominee get the shares registered in his name?

A. The nominee has to write to us along with a copy of the death certificate and nomination form registered with the Company to enable us to advise further.

Q. I have shares in the demat form. What do I do for making a nomination?

A. Please approach your Depository Participant. Kindly note that in the account opening form provided by the DP there is a provision for providing the name of the nominee.


Q. I want to incorporate the details of my bank account in my dividend warrant to avoid fraud. What should I do?

A. If you are holding shares in physical form, please inform the Registrar or the Company quoting your folio number, name and address of your bank and the account number/type of Account. We shall incorporate the same an Dividend Warrant issued by the company, if any, in future. However if you are holding the shares in Demat form, such details will have to be given to your DP. Your DP in turn will pass on this information to us. This procedure is in accordance with depository regulations.

Q. What do I do if I have not received my dividend?

A. Please write to the Registrar or the Company furnishing the particulars of the dividend not received. Please also quote your particulars such as folio number/ DP ID & Client ID (in case of dematerialized shares). After verification, duplicate dividend warrant will be issued in case the dividend remains unpaid in the records of the Company.

Q. What do I do for obtaining a duplicate dividend warrant?

A. Where the validity period of the original dividend warrant has not yet expired, duplicate thereof cannot be issued during the validity of the original warrant. However after the expiry of the validity period, if after completion of reconciliation, the warrant is still not encashed as per Company records, you will be required to furnish an indemnity bond on receipt of which payment will be made to you.

Loss etc. of Share Certificates

Q. What should I do where I have lost/misplaced my share Certificates. How do I get duplicate share certificate?

A. Please inform in writing to the Registrar or the Company immediately about the loss/misplacing of share certificates quoting your folio number and details of share certificates. Simultaneously, you will have to lodge a complaint with the police regarding loss of share certificates and send us a copy of the FIR. We will advise you further steps that you will have to take.

Q. What should I do if my share certificates have got torn/mutilated/worn out etc. How do I get duplicate share certificate?

A. Please send a request letter to issue duplicate share certificates alongwith torn/mutilated share certificates.

Change of Address

Q. If there is a change in my address what should I do?

A. Please send a duly signed request letter to the Registrar or the Company giving the new address as well as the old address. PIN no should invariably be given. In case of joint shareholders, all holders should sign the request letter.